Monday, July 16, 2007

Why am I doing this??

Okay, so I thought since everyone else seemed to be blogging I needed to as well. This will probably end up like the myspace page and be done away with after the fun wears off but oh well, such is life.

Thoughts from a shallow mind seemed rather fitting for me as I like to ramble at times. My wife can certainly attest to that fact. I can say a whole lot at times and really say nothing at all, my wife, Dreama, says I say it best when I say nothing at all and she isn't talking about love....LOL. Someone should write a song about that. One thing you must know about me is I have certifiable ADD and things can change rapidly in my little world so you must go with the flow. I did try medication for a while but that took all the fun out of the joys of adult ADD so I quit taking my meds and live life for God and His Son and try my best to enjoy it all. Hang on things can move fast, oh, look a cat......Just testing you.....

Although I can ramble I can just as quickly have nothing to say and turn to only the thoughts running around in my head, yet another thing that drives my wife crazy because she naturally assumes something must be wrong and she is a fix it person and she wants to fix me....LOL....

I truly pray this blog is an enjoyment to the one or two people that end up reading it. You will find out I don't take too many things seriously except my relationship with Christ and leading others to Christ. I try to find humor in just about all situations and love to make people laugh and will sometimes go to extremes to make this happen. Once you become my friend, which only the bravest of souls attempt, you automatically expose yourself to me goofing on you. It may not happen at first but as I get to know you and discover your weaknesses I will exploit them but never to hurt you, always in love and good clean fun. The great thing is I'm pretty good at taking it as well.

I would like to try and keep this blog centered around God, family and the church that God is building here in Mabank Texas. To my friends, the few that I have, you will be included in the church part. I love to be surrounded by people who love God and absolutely love to have a good time while loving Him. Life is entirely too short to not have a blast at everything we do. I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking I'm some happy go lucky always got a smile on my face type guy, because just like most genuine people I have my own fears, pains, doubts and insecurities.

So, all that said let the blogging begin. My only question is, how do I let people know I have a blog? I don't see a link to send this out to anyone. Man, here I go again having to talk to myself. All this good stuff to say and no one to share it with. Oh well, your loss.

8 comments:

Buddy said...

Ok...it's about time you got with this program. Blogging is great for people with ADD...look a cat...

Anywho, I'm glad your here. Don't worry about getting the word out, I'll put a link to your blog on mine...and share all 3 of my readers with you. :)

I will tell you though that Julie is the "blog queen". She can show you the ropes. In fact, that's all she does all day.

Dreama said...

LOL!!! Like you don't have enough to do already.
Love ya!

Cherie said...

Hey...I found both you and Dreama tonight! I knew that you guys had to be here somewhere!!! Welcome to blogdom.

Mike said...

Buddy, Dreama and Cherie, Wow, God is so good. I send my link to two people and from no where I get a third blogger friend.

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome. A special thanks to Buddy for his willingness to share his three readers, I'm not sure what to say.

I kinda notcied Julie might like blogging, unlike her husband.

mandy said...

HI!
welcome to the blogging world.... as a myspace genXer i can say that you'll find much more stimulating and legitimate (as well as illegitimate) conversations to be had via the blogosphere than via myspace.... so, stick with it for a while. its very very worth it.
:)

Anonymous said...

Ok.....I'm standing tall because I HAVEN'T blogged in two--count them..(TWO)(2) days!!! I thought Buddy was complimenting me when he said that I am the "Queen"...then I read the rest of his comment about blogging all day {{pft!}}.

Trust me....if you were home with two rowdy boys all day everyday, you would depend on your computer companionship too :)

Welcome to the "Blogdom" Mike! I'm gonna add you as a link so that my five daily readers can soak up your wisdom as well.

As for the rest of my family (Kenneth and Kenya)....they MIGHT be a hopeless blog cause.

Happy Blogging!

Julie

Cherie said...

Hey man...don't leave us hang'n. We are waiting for a new post from a shallow mind ;)

laresa white watson said...

Hello to all of you. Wow! it is weird when you type someones name, state, and town and come across a blog site from your pastor,and brothers and sisters in Christ and was not even looking for a blog site and had no thoughts on blogging, so I can definitely say God works in mysterious ways. I will say also I have never posted a blog before. This could be fun!