Monday, July 30, 2007

Here I go again!!!!

I got so busy yesterday I didn't even post this.....Better late than never I suppose.......

Wow, where does the time go? Last week was such a blur I seriously cannot remember anything I did with the exception of a couple of days and yet I was exhausted by Friday. Then I helped Trace and John house sit at Oak Street while Dee and his family took the weekend off to go to a family reunion. I maybe got 3 hours of quality sleep in two days. My Sunday ended by crawling into bed around midnight last night knowing I had to get up and start work at 5 this morning. So here I go again. Let the blur begin.



I sit here typing this thinking of how Jesus must of dealt with His exhaustion. You know He had to be absolutely dragging at times. The one thing that keeps coming to mind is God. I see Him retreating to the mountains to be with God. I see Him separating Himself from others to be alone with God the Father. I see Him in the desert tired and hungry relying on the Gods Word to bring Him out of temptation. Now I look at my life and how I dealt with my exhaustion last week and I see just how un Christ like I am due to the fact I tried to rely on my own strength.



I read my Bible maybe a total of an hour last week, I only remember one time during the week that I had qulaity prayer time and that was with others and not me alone with God.



When I am at my weakest point God is at His strongest in my life and yet I turn to myself and my own understanding and unplug from God the source of my everything and don't allow Him to energize me. He is the Vine and I am the branch and IF I abide in Him I will bear fruit for without Him I can do nothing. If I don't abide in Him I wither, the scripture says, and am cast out and burned in the fire. Last week I felt very withered. My prayer is this week will be spent with God and not away from Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so true...we can tend to get so wrapped up in the things of God that we forget to take Him along with us. Thanks for the reminder.